With Valentine’s Day next Tuesday I’ve collected together some of my favourite valentines-y recipes, new and old, from my website into one Free From Valentines list. Val Like most other celebrations, festivities, dates in the calendar, Valentine’s Day isn’t the most allergy friendly. Chocolate that is suitable for little one isn’t the easiest to find. Our go-to brand is Moo Free as it is soya free as well as dairy free. They do a brilliant range of bars and packets of buttons, but I haven’t come across a box of filled chocolates. You know, the Milk Tray variety. Although we don’t really do Valentine’s Day, in fact I’m working in the evening this year, I thought making our own box of filled chocolates would be a fun activity to do. You can find out how we got on in my Allergy Friendly Chocolate Box post.
Valentine’s Day Themed Recipes
So this got me thinking about what other Valentine’s Day themed recipes I had already on my website. Ones that might make good dessert choices for a family dinner. How about ones that would make nice homemade gifts? Especially recipes that you can make with your kids. Here’s my favourites:
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Box (dairy, egg, nut, soya and gluten free, vegan)
- Chocolate Brownies (dairy, egg, nut and soya free, vegan)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (dairy, egg, nut and soya free, vegan)
- Fudge (dairy, egg, nut, soya and gluten free, vegan)
- Chocolate Biscuits (dairy, egg, nut and soya free, vegan)
- Banoffee Tarts (dairy, egg, nut and soya free, vegan)
- Chocolate Mousse Cakes (dairy, egg, nut and soya free, vegan)
- Strawberry Bakewell Tart (dairy, egg, nut and soya free)
- Victoria Sponge Cake (dairy, egg, nut and soya free, vegan)
I would love to hear what your go-to foodie gifts are! Bonus points if they’re Valentine’s Day related. Let me know by leaving a comment below!