Yummy little muffins which are great for breakfast or a mid morning snack! They would be delicious with a dairy free yoghurt or paired with fresh fruit!
Recipe originally from Dragonhart http://www.mumsnet.com/food/recipe/1240-Banana-oat-muffins
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75 ml milk I used Oatly
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp runny honey I used 3 tsp caster sugar as my little one is under one years old
- 25 g unsalted butter I used Pure Sunflower Spread. It melted down really easily.
- 55 g porridge oats
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 large ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Melt the butter and honey (caster sugar) in a saucepan.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (I sifted them together).
- Mash the banana and mix with the honey (caster sugar) and butter (pure sunflower spread).
- Add this mixture and the milk (Oatly) to the dry ingredients, stirring until mixed lightly.
- Spoon into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch. I found 20 minutes was plenty so it’s worth checking a little earlier.
- Dairy, egg, nut free
- Makes 10 muffins
- 45 minute total make time
One thought on “Banana and oat breakfast muffins”
[…] Banana and Oat Breakfast Muffins […]