As Veganuary draws to a close, I’m taking a look back at my favourite vegan recipes from the month and past mummybakesdairyfree posts. Vegan baking and cooking is an area that I often refer to when looking for dairy and egg free recipes, and many you can find on my blog already. I much prefer using and creating free from recipes which use appropriate alternatives, so vegan recipes are a fantastic resource. Since weaning little one on a dairy and egg free diet, our consumption of these products as a whole family has greatly reduced.
Favourite Vegan Products
Many vegan products may surprise you as they’re classed as ‘accidentally’ vegan. Like ‘accidentally’ free from, these just happen to be items which are safe for vegans, meaning they contain no animal products, by-products or cause harm to animals. If you are unsure then it is always a good idea to look out for the Vegan Society seal of approval. Here are my favourite, certified vegan, products:
- Flora Freedom dairy free spread is one of these products. It tastes lovely and works brilliantly in cooking and baking.
- Violife Prosociano with parmesan flavour is the nicest of the dairy free cheese I think. If grated finely it melts nicely on pizzas and bakes.
- Engevita Yeast Flakes fortified with vitamin B12 is really useful to add a cheesy taste to savoury meals which is perfect if you’re missing cheese.
- Finally, and definitely little one’s favourite, Moo Free Chocolate. Dairy and soya free chocolate which taste yummy. Need I say more!
I will add that Oatly do a brilliant range of products which are dairy free and vegan friendly. Little one has Oatly blue milk, which is calcium enriched, as her main drink (aside from water). I use the creamy oat in cooking savoury dishes, the creamy oat fraiche in pasta dishes, and the custard? Well that goes amazingly with pretty much everything!
Favourite Vegan Recipes!
I’ve listed below my favourite vegan recipes on mummybakesdairyfree and because I’m a lovely person, they’re linked to the original recipe! Win!!
- Nacho Cheese (dairy, egg, nut, soya & gluten free)
- Macaroni & Cauliflower Cheese (dairy, egg, nut & soya free)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (dairy, egg, nut & soya free)
- Sweet Potato and Bean Burgers (dairy, egg, nut, soya & gluten free)
- Aubergine & Kale Bake (dairy, egg, nut, soya & gluten free)
- Banoffee Tarts (dairy, egg, nut & soya free)
- Twisty Pizza Bread (dairy, egg, nut & soya free)
- Pancakes (dairy, egg, nut & soya free)
- Mini Chocolate Mousse Cakes (dairy, egg, nut & soya free)
I’d love to hear what your favourite vegan recipes are! Please do let me know!
Linking up with:
3 thoughts on “Veganuary Round Up”
Some fab ideas and recipes here. We love Moo Free here too. Must try the Violife Prosociano. #FreeFromFridays
wow you did so well!! What a great array of foods!!
Thanks for linking to #foodiefriday
Brilliant round-up lovely! We love Violife too. I wish it had been around (or I’d known about it) when my little lady was diagnosed with her milk protein allergy. Moo Free chocolate is also great. I like the fact it’s packaged like ‘normal’ chocolate rather than looking allergy-friendly and not so cool for little ones. Thanks for joining in with #FreeFromFridays.